Investor Network Destinations is a beta blog for members of Investor Network that are our friends, accredited investors, and families ( SFO / MFO ).
I am your host JD Morris. I started Investor Network in 2001 with the focus on sharing great deals and resources with several friends in our multi-family office in Washington, DC. Today, I enjoy meeting for dinner around the world with people that want to share deals and resources.
The focus of this blog is about private companies to 1031 exchange deals.
Happy Networking and Travels,
Join Your Host on LinkedIn via this URL: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jdmorris
DISCLAIMER: This is a beta blog. The information is provided by AP, Bloomberg, Forbes, Fortune, preqin, Reuters, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, Wall Street Journal (WSJ), and other 3rd party sources. Please check with the company website or venture capital firm for a press release as this is a beta blog that does not update information.
DEAL IN OUR AREA OF EXPERTISE: Vector, a leading microsatellite launch company comprised of New Space and enterprise software industry veterans from SpaceX, Virgin Galactic, McDonnell Douglas, Boeing, Sea Launch and VMware, today announced that it has secured $70M in a Series B funding round led by Kodem Growth Partners, in conjunction with Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners. Existing investors Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners and Shasta Ventures also participated in the round.
FULL VECTOR PRESS RELEASE:
MORE DEALS OF INTEREST
- Vertoe, a NYC-based on-demand short-term storage company, raised $1.85m in seed funding
- Invisible, a NYC-based company introducing a new way for people to get work done, raised $2.6M in seed funding
- Next Century Spirits, a Raleigh, N.C.-based company that combines traditional distilling techniques and finishing technologies to create enhanced spirits, raised $3.6m in funding
Continue reading Investor Network Pipeline 20181019
HIGHLIGHTED DEAL: Invisible, a New York-based AI startup that lets users outsource work to a task-managing bot, raised $2.6 million in seed funding. Investors include Backed Ventures, Loup Ventures, Alpha Venture Partners, and Day One Ventures, along with Mark Pincus, Siraj Khaliq, Howard Morgan, Charlie Songhurst, and Lee Linden
- Bid Doc, Inc., a Denver, CO-based developer of the BidMySmile platform, a digital marketplace that connects qualified patients with orthodontic specialists, closed a seed funding round of undisclosed amount
- Avidity Biosciences, a La Jolla, CA-based biotech company advancing a new class of precision medicines based upon antibody-oligonucleotide conjugates, received an equity investment from CureDuchenne
Continue reading Investor Network Pipeline 20181018
DEAL OF THE DAY: Lucidchart, a South Jordan, Utah-based provider of collaborative diagramming software in the cloud, raised $72 million in funding. Meritech Capital, ICONIQ Capital, and Spectrum Equity led the round.
Read more via Spectrum Equity press release:
Plus 16 Other Deals
- Pr3vent, Inc., a Palo Alto, California-based healthcare technology company, raised a seed funding round of undisclosed amount
- FRST, a provider of actionable data for professional traders of digital assets, raised $3.4m in financing
- The Flex Company, a Venice, CA-based provider of a menstrual disc, raised $3.6M in funding
Continue reading Investor Network Pipeline 20181017
DEAL OF THE DAY: Springbot, a data-driven marketing platform for eCommerce retailers, raised $15 million in funding. North Atlantic Capital led the round, and was joined by investors including TechOperators, TTV Capital, Harbert Growth Partners, TechSquare Labs, Forte Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank.
Plus 11 MORE DEALS
- Chief, a NYC-based private network of leadership women, closed a $3m seed funding round
- Kogniz, a San Francisco, CA-based machine learning and artificial intelligence security product company, raised $4M in seed funding
- ConveyIQ, a NYC-based provider of enterprise talent communication and recruiting automation software, raised $5.5m in funding
Continue reading Investor Network Pipeline 20181016
DEAL OF THE DAY: Keple Communications, a Canada-based satellite telecommunications company, raised $16 million in Series A funding. Costanoa Ventures led the round, and was joined by investors including Deutsche Bahn’s (DB) Digital Ventures and IA Ventures
PLUS TEN MORE DEALS:
- CloudApp, a San Francisco, CA-based video messaging and visual communication platform, received an investment from Adobe
- Perq, an Indianapolis-based online consumer engagement and shopping behavior company, closed a $4m funding
- Yottaa, Inc., a Waltham, Mass.-based cloud platform for accelerating eCommerce, raised $11m in mezzanine funding
- Kettlebell Kitchen, a nationwide provider of healthy prepared meals, closed on a $26.7M Series B growth equity round of financing
- Berkeley Lights, Inc., an Emeryville, Calif.-based digital cell biology company, completed a $95m financing
- Palladium Equity Partners acquired Kymera International, a global specialty materials company, from Los Angeles-based private investment firm Platinum Equity
Continue reading Investor Network Pipeline 20181015
DEAL OF THE DAY: TPG has made an investment in FreedomPay, a commerce platform. No financial terms were disclosed. (below is the press release)
Plus 15 more deals
- strongDM, a Burlingame, CA-based control plane for technical teams, closed a $1m expansion financing round
- Deep Lens, a Columbus, OH-based digital pathology startup, exited stealth mode with $3.2m in seed financing
- Coord, a NYC-based mobility data platform, raised $5m in Series A funding
- Mirac, an Ohio-based electronics assembly and fabrication company, secured $7.55m in funding
Continue reading Investor Network Pipeline 20181012
DEAL OF THE DAY: Snowflake Computing, a San Mateo, Calif.-based data warehouse built for the cloud, raised $450 million in funding at a $3.5 billion valuation. Sequoia Capital led the round, and was joined by investors including Altimeter Capital, Capital One Growth Ventures, ICONIQ Capital, Madrona Venture Group, Redpoint Ventures, Sutter Hill Ventures, Wing Ventures, and Meritech Capital.
- Hentsū, a London, New York and Boston-based provider of public cloud technology to hedge funds and asset managers, raised an undisclosed amount of funding
- June.ai, a NYC-based communication hub, secured $1.5m in pre-seed funding
- Catalog, a Los Angeles, CA-based company working with artificial intelligence and independent visual artists to automate and scale custom visual content production, raised $1.5m in seed funding
- Shujinko, a Seattle, WA-based cloud security compliance platorm, raised $2.8m in funding
- Accion Systems Inc., a Boston, Mass.,-based startup advancing scalable electric propulsion technology to transform satellite capabilities in and beyond Earth’s orbit, raised $3m in funding
Continue reading Investor Networks Pipeline 20181011
DEAL OF THE DAY: Loadsmart, a New York-based digital freight broker, raised $21.6 million in Series A funding. Maersk Growth, Connor Capital SB and Chromo Invest led the round.
Read more on this deal via press release: https://prn.to/2C7xiI4
PLUS 20 OTHER DEALS
- Shipwell, an Austin, Texas-based online business freight shipping platform, raised $10m in Series A funding
- Stringr, a NYC-based premier marketplace that allows media organizations to buy video footage from both amateur and professional videographers, raised more than $1m in funding
- Lumenari, a Lexington, Ky.-based leader in narrow-bandwidth LED phosphors for LCD display backlighting applications, closed a $3m Series A funding
- My Ally, a San Jose, CA-based company applying Artificial Intelligence (AI) to enhance the candidate experience, completed its Series A round of financing
- GoodTime, a San Francisco, CA-based B2B SaaS talent operations platform that streamlines the interview process for HR teams and talent, closed $5m in Series A funding
- BroadSpot Imaging, a Richmond, CA-based medical device company, has expanded the second tranche of its Series A funding for a total closing of $8.6m
- NanoView Biosciences, a Boston, MA-based emerging leader in the field of exosome detection and characterization, closed a $10m Series B financing
Continue reading Investor Network Pipeline 20181010
DEAL OF THE DAY (UNICORN): Brex, a startup offering corporate credit cards for other startups, has raised $125 million in a Series C round led by Greenoaks Capital, DST Global and IVP. The financing values the San Francisco company, founded by a pair of 22-year-old college dropouts, at $1.1 billion.
Plus 12 other deals of interest
- Novii, a Costa Mesa, CA-based developer of new content blockchain software, announced it has raised a seed funding round of undisclosed amount
- bud.com, a California benefit corporation delivering recreational cannabis, raised $1m in seed funding
- Tourmaline Labs, a San Diego-based an artificial intelligence technology company, closed a $2M funding round
- Landis, a NYC-based marketplace for institutional real estate investing, raised $2M in funding
- Altimmune, Inc. (Nasdaq: ALT), a Gaithersburg, MD-based clinical-stage immunotherapeutics company, closed the previously announced underwritten public offering of common units and pre-funded units for gross proceeds of $12m
- Foursquare, a New York based location technology company, raised $33M in Series F funding
Continue reading Investor Network Pipeline 20181008
DEAL OF THE DAY: Lilt, a Palo Alto, Calif.-based AI-enabled translation platform, raised $9.5 million in Series A funding. Sequoia Capital led the round, and was joined by investors including Redpoint Ventures, Zetta Venture Partners and XSeed Capital.
- Authentic4D, a Detroit, MI-based provider of medical imaging review technology and resolution services for casualty insurance claims, closed a $5.0m in Series A funding
- Fusion Coolant Systems, a Canton, Mich.-based maker of supercritical carbon dioxide, raised $8m in Series C financing
- Strivr, a Menlo Park, CA-based immersive virtual reality (VR) training company, raised $16m in funding
- Sense, a Cambridge, MA-based provider of an intelligent home energy monitor, closed an $18M Series B financing
- SpinCar, a New York City-based provider of digital automotive merchandising software, raised $22m in financing
- Personal Genome Diagnostics, Inc., a Baltimore, Maryland-based developer of tissue-based and liquid biopsy technologies for cancer genomics, to receive up to $42.0m in financing
- Stay Alfred, a Spokane, WA-based alternative accommodation platform, raised $47m in Series B funding
- Genomatica, a San Diego, CA-based biotechnology company, raised $90m in equity funding
- Brex, a San Francisco, CA-based provider of a corporate card for startups, raised $125m in Series C funding
- Deerfield provided $125m to refinance existing debt and provide growth capital to Tris Pharma, Inc., a Monmouth Junction, NJ-based fully integrated pharmaceutical company
- ByteCubed, an Arlington, VA-based technology company that specializes in innovating government programs, acquired Reno, NV-based InterKn, a provider of a data analytics and machine learning platform for defense innovation
- Boston, MA-based crypto finance company Circle has acquired SeedInvest, a New York City-based equity crowdfunding industry platform and an SEC and FINRA registered Broker-Dealer